making rap beats? HELP PLEASE

SCI

sup i want to make rap beats and i was just wondering what program is best to use. i have fruity loops but i was wondering if theres a better one. also where is the best place to get rap samples like bass melody stuff and shit to make a nice sounding hip hop beat. if any one can help me out it would be apreciated.

SCI.........

do a search for setups on this site

i was sent by the Gurus and they wanna know some stuff like

what's your budget

what equipments do you have

will you be recording vocals also

do you think you need multiple inputs (for more than one instrument like keyboard , bass , guitars, mics to play and record at the same time) and outputs ( i still don't know why i have 10 outs on my card)

if you going the PC/Mac route what are your specs

if you want a stand alone recoder what instrument(s) do you have to plug in it

do a search for music software or something similar on the net

so fill up the requisition forms entirely
and the gurus will see y'all shortly

Good luck
PRS

Well, SCI and SexyGurl.

Are you going to answer The Black Spys questions, so we will be able to answer your questions......

i have a pc and a nt1 mic a mixer and a soundcard for recording vocals. i just want the basics really on making professional hip hop beats please.

Best way to make "professional" beats is to know what you are doing. Pros know what they are doing. Professional beats are made by pros. Are you a pro? No? So how can you expect to do pro work? It takes some time, and experience. Nothing can give you the results you want if you don't know anything about what you really want. That's why you do you do research. Ask yourself questions about your needs. Then make decisions or better questions based on your knowledge.

You can research and decide what you need and come to places like this and ask informed questions. Then cats who put in some time and have some experience can help you out. Asking what software you can use to do pro beats is really a simple question with a simple answer. Whatever software you please. When you become a pro. Software/hardware doesn't not make you do pro tracks soit's a hard question to answer. Do you just some options? Your browser can take you to sites that have lots of information already typed up and organized for your veiwing pleasure.

Anyways... Acid 3.0/4.0 is pretty dope and not that hard to use. Good for doing beats. To record you might want to try CUBASE, SONAR, Pro Tools, or a bunch of other programs. Research em and find out what they do best. It's to many little things to detail in a forum post, especially since we don't know what your preferences are. It's not as simple as a, I got a mic and some software...I'm ready to drop hits.

Tons of samples on the web. You can't start looking here. If you need something in particular holla back. I might can help you.
http://synthzone.com/sampling.htm

This sight helped to educate me on a bunch of shit. Peep it out.
http://synthzone.com/sampling.htm

keep it simple

Producers like Dr.dre and timberland start everything they do with a tabletop synth, like a groove machine, drum machine, sampler, the one Dre used for keep ya head ringin' or whatever the song is called, he used the e-mu mp-7 it is designed for urbav sound ,mainly rap, go to www.emu.com and click on command stations and listen to the mp3's.

Somethin else.........

I currently run hardware using an MC-909Sampler Groovebox/Boss Dr770 drum machine and a keyboard. But I myself am considering Fruity Loops just to further my experience and limitations. One thing I would suggest to anyone, especially starters, get a keyboard, nothing expensive, just make sure it has MIDI, again this is preferrence. Then you can connect your keyboard to your pc via midi, (I believe there are other ways now and adaptors as well,)_ But I find it a lot easier play keys on a keyboard than to click and type. Just an idea.

Let my know what you find out. pM

THE FREE ROUTE

I have tried all the stuff mentioned above and have no luck. If all you work off of is loops, then your beats are gonna get old quick. I use a free program for PC call MODPLUG. It is a tracker program and takes a little bit to use but it is worth it. Give it a try and I bet you won't look back.

PS Just do a search on Modplug

Back