Make it sound like a vinyl record....

asi9

Here is what I need to do:

I need to take a song, make it sound like it's a vinyl record (maybe I could just find the sound of the pops and stuff and mix it in), then at one point, make it sound like the needle is just ripped off, like someone carelessly pulled off the needle. How could that be accomlished? Radical pitch bending? Any ideas?

I once did a project like that

Buy a pack of cigerettes and save the celophane.

Record the sound of the celophane crackling. Do this tastefully and if at all possible, use a ribbon mike.

For the scratching album part, bite the bullet and record yourself yanking the tone arm across one of your father's records.:D:D :D

When you mix the celophane effect, boost the mids and cut the lows and most of the highs.

If you don't feel you get enough "pop" from the celophone, sparingly use bubble wrap. Two or three pops through the whole peice should suffice.

you could do all that or

let me know when you need it and i could post it on napster for you. I just did a guys rap show tape where he wanted the needle to rip like that clean. I also have the pop and crackle of vinyl just let me know what speed you need:D

You can buy loops to get about any scatching you want. and you can master to vhs tape Hi fi and fold the tape to get a skipping effect.

punching hole in the tape can also do this.

Back