Major Problems after REinstall please help!

Johnalex

Ok so I decided to reinstall Sonar..I have the 2.1 retail version. I was having severe dropout problems and tought reinstalling could help. So I uninstall 2.2 and reinstall 2.1. Now the program is not recognizing ASIO drivers, I also can't select the Audiophile inputs...it says they are not responding or something. Playback and REcording are not working.

What do I do!!?!?!!....I stayed up all night last night tryign to get it to work. Any ideas would be helpful.

I can't live without my sonar!

Do like The Almighty Dachay2tnr said. In order to use ASIO driver in SONAR, you must run version 2.2. Download the upgrade from their site (and save the upgrade .exe file for future) and reinstall it. Don't forget to run Wave profiler and restart SONAR, it won't hurt you anyway :)

;)
Jaymz

no dice fellas. I did the upgrade, luckaly I had saved it the first time I upgraded so I already had it. I am getting the exact same problem, having 2.2 made no diference. IT is recognizing the sound card now tough. So no ASIO driver support. The ASIO is working for me in Reason but not in Sonar. Any more suggestions?

Well, I believe it's not SONAR's fault. I mean, it could be the driver of your Audiophile. Here's what you can try :

1. Have a look in your Windows control panel, and make sure your soundcard is not sharing any resource (IRQ, DMA, etc) with other component in your PC. If so, move the card to another empty PCI slot.

2. Go to M-Audio website, and download the latest driver for your OS. You probably just need to upgrade the driver.

Hope it helps, Johnalex...
;)
Jaymz

sorry for bothering everybody....but I am a moron. I didn't have the ASIO drivers selected in the General MEnu under Audio. Thanks for all the help tough.

Back