Maintaining Midi Piano

DigiLiberty

Hi all

I have this FATAR Studio Logic SL 880 and had it when I bought this new from Guitar Center in San Francisco, CA

Now i am planning to move it in my living room, but i noticed this stinky feeling around the main body of the piano.
What type of solutions or what can I make to remove the sticky stuff?

One of the things that I did find was using a Key One and MusicNomads microfiber dust and polishing dust.

Suggestions or ideas

I think it's best to start with a soft cloth and warm water. Dip the cloth in water (don't spray). More stubborn areas might take some dish soap, glass cleaner or isopropyl alcohol / eyeglass cleaner. Don't use any type of solvent(s), these could attack the plastic - like some vinyl cleaners for your car's interior. . . that stuff dissolves vinyl.

Do you know where the sticky stuff came from? Cigarette smoking? Grease from frying in the kitchen? Soda spills?

Fatar keyboards often use a soft feeling covering that goes sticky after a few years. Everyone seems to have a different answer to this problem - try a search for "sticky rubberised plastic" and you'll find plenty of suggestions.

Back