Made in UK Vintage 30's

jonnyc

I have a couple of Made in England Vintage 30's I'm looking to get rid of. I had been using them as one side of a 4x12 but I'm upgrading to a 4x12 already loaded with v30's and having two extra just isn't necessary. The only thing wrong with them is the clear coating on the back stickers is peeling away a little. The stickers themselves are completely intact it's just that the thin protective coating is peeling back. Anyway I'm asking $65 a piece plus shipping. I'll ship the speakers wrapped in heavey duty bubble wrap and if possible I might even manufacture some small foam "plates" to go over a cone. Or if you have a better suggestion I'll consider it as well. Anyway please buy these to contribute to my Orange Rockerverb 50 fun.

try shipping them face to face taped together. That way the only way for something to get to the cones is thru the metal baskets.

Lt. Bob said:
try shipping them face to face taped together. That way the only way for something to get to the cones is thru the metal baskets.

Great advice, I use a cable tie through a couple of the bolt holes too.

That'll work great if the same person buys them both. The reason I'm bubblewrapping them is too keep anything from pokeing them from underneath. And yes the speakers are 8ohm. Any good suggestions for packing them seperately?

a piece of thin plywood taped across the face .... a piece of paneling ..... anything like that which you might have in scraps around the house.

Come on man, I already had the foam plate idea. Give me my credit damnit! Buy some speakers too, come on, made in UK.

ok ..... looking back you did mention foam although up-fiddlers' presentation was better. : D

I'd love to buy them but I'm just a poor poor musician.

Come on you flamers, buy my shit. I accept layaway plans, you can deposit small amounts into my paypal until you've paid in full.

What's with tape? SCREW the speaker to a piece of plywood - voila. Or face to face (as someone else suggested), only use NUTS AND BOLTS instead of tape. That's what the holes are for after all.

robin watson said:
What's with tape? SCREW the speaker to a piece of plywood - voila. Or face to face (as someone else suggested), only use NUTS AND BOLTS instead of tape. That's what the holes are for after all.

Because I'm a big fan of tape.

Make sure it's analogue tape.
You could seal them in a cake tin or really big biscuit tin.
Nah, that's a crummy idea!

rayc said:
Make sure it's analogue tape.
You could seal them in a cake tin or really big biscuit tin.
Nah, that's a crummy idea!

Bwahahahaha, ahhhh, the comedic genious of some people.

uh oh ...... man .... I'm so poor, but I want 'em.
I have to check my money ..... any idea how much shipping might be to Florida?

Back