Mackie HUI question

Pony!

Looking for a decent control surface. I've grown quite fond of all the options the Mackie HUI has. Its only downside is that there's only 8 faders. If I also purchased one of those mackie extenders for the MCU could I get the two to work together?

Mackies are top notch.

I use an Alesis Mastercontrol and love it. I needed an interface so this is the best of both worlds. Excellent interface, fantastic preamps dual headphone, and control surface to boot. I use Sonar and it works great, but it actually came with Cubase Le and Ableton LE. It is supposed to work great with Cubase.

the HUI only has 8 faders yes!!! but it has a button to switch banks or channel. so u can go up to 32 channels i think it is. maybe more. u just need to push the "bank" button and it will go from channels 1-8 to 8-16 so on and so forth

That is a downside, however you can change faders in increments of 8. Apparently though, there's been reports of people have issues with the expanders. Quote
"Just buy a MidiSport and hookup the extenders to it. Leave the main MCU hooked up through USB. It works 100%!!!"

Good luck!

Back