Mackie Desk - No Phase Switches

zappatonga

I recently aquired a Mackie 32 channel 8 buss desk. This desk has no phase switches on the channels. Can anyone reccommend a way of switching the phase on the channels. At the moment all i have to get by is a behringer tube pre amp (which i plug in the insert), which has a phase switch on it, but the problem is that it colours the signal a little, and i want to avoid this. I would prefer to switch the phase on around 10 channels at once, just for cheking lots of mics on drums.

Any help appreciated

The phase of an incoming signal can be changed by sending it thru a mic cord that has the hot + cold switched.

If you are going to solder your own be sure you put some type of colored heat shrink (one solution) around both ends so you can tell them from a normal mic cord...

Yeah, I know about doing this, but it wouldn't be to practical in use, i was think more of some kind of rack unit or something along those lines.

zappatonga said:
Yeah, I know about doing this, but it wouldn't be to practical in use, i was think more of some kind of rack unit or something along those lines.

im also interested. I suppose you could just mount some panel mounted xlr connectors on a rackmount panel and switch the phase on them. But wouldnt phantom power not work if hot and cold are switchd.

notbradsohner said:
im also interested. I suppose you could just mount some panel mounted xlr connectors on a rackmount panel and switch the phase on them. But wouldnt phantom power not work if hot and cold are switchd.

Phantom puts +48V on both hot and cold, so it makes no difference if they are reversed.

Back