Mackie CFX mixers

Howlin

What do I see in the Musician's Friend catalog? A mid range Mackie compact with swept mids? I went to Mackie's site, but the CFX mixers are not there. I just wrote to them asking about it. The CFX-12 has 8 mono-2 stereo channels (2 more mic/line-2 less stereo than 1402), 16 effects, separate tape ins and outs, AND SWEPT MIDS on the mono channels! $579 -- $30 more than the 1402.

I was ready to order a Behringer 2004 from BPM Music. They have the Mackie 1402 for $449 with free shipping, but I just didn't want to go with 2 less mic/line and fixed mid. Now, if they would only get the CFX-12 for $479...

I just got a smoking deal on a Mackie CFX 12... It will be great for remote recording with an ADAT! $379.00 at Guitar Center. (Demo)

I love the delays and other effects built in, they sound high quality.... and it's rugged and very portable.

I'll let you know how well it does after I use it for a while.

Dom Franco

Mackie CFX-20 and CFX-12

ive owned both of these and found them to be great mixers i still have the CFX-12 and love its quick set up time. I just bought a Zoom HD16CD recorder and am trying to figure out if i can hook the CFX-12 directly to it to record with the mackie has great mic preamps and great effects. anyone with any ideas. thanks

Musicians friend sells the DFX and the CFXMkII - both Chinese versions of the original CFX mixer.

I've had a CFX12 for many years and used it as my first recording I/O. It is a live sound mixer, so it does not have the preamp quality of a recording grade unit and it has a lower signal / noise ratio. The preamps can sound a little harsh if you're not careful with the eq.

Having said that, I love the unit. It's built like a tank, has never given me a bit of trouble, and multitasks really well. I've moved my live rig to a large Onyx, so use the CFX as a submixer and for small or solo gigs. I've also had three Behringer mixers (one of which I still use as a monitor controller) and the CFX knocks them into the back seat pretty quickly.

To get more familiar with the unit, click here for Mackie's hookup suggestions. You can easily record to the Zoom unit, either directly from any input (after preamp and before eq) by using the insert as a direct out, or you can record a mix by using the aux outs, utility outs or main outs.

It's a great starting unit.

Back