Mackie 1604-Vlz Pro Level Meter

hand in glove

Hey There guys,

My mackie 1604-vlz pro as of recently has kinda been acting strange. The level meter, well it works, but as you turn the volume up or the level gets higher, on the right meter indictation, once it hits just under 0db, the right meter indication starts to drops out. Then the higher you go, the left one acts normla but there is no right indication.

It doesn't affect the sound as i've tested, the right channel still works fine sound-wise, just the indicator doesn't.

Any ideas? And no there is no warranty...

I had a similar problem with a 1402 VLZ Pro. I'm sure you've already checked, but my solution was that I accidentally bumped a few of the assign-to-mix buttons when I was in a hurry, and assigned the 2tr input to the main mix. the main meters were showing the output level of the channels on one side, and the output level of the 2tr signal on the other side, which seemed to act oddly as I adjusted levels. I'm not sure this is your problem, or if this type of operation is common amongst all VLZ series boards, though I would assume that it is, but it was a thought. I didn't really notice any difference in operation with aux assigned to main, just with the 2tr button. and the difference in the meters did not affect my output.

I'm probably way off on the problem you are experiencing, but, it was a thought, and was the exact problem I encountered with my mackie..which, in my case was operator error. Similar to my buddy bumping the -10/+4 output level selector, without realizing it, and trying to figure out why his output was so quiet. :)

Hope this helped..

Back