Mac mini for recording?

brownbearTLE

Hi everyone,

So for the past two years i've been recording out of my macbook pro 2.66 dual processor, 8 gigs of ram, a 500 gb hd @ 5400 rpm, and i replaced the optical drive with a 500 gb hd @ 7200 rpm. Running Logic or pro tools with 35 tracks (say 3-5 plug ins on each track) superior drummer, and some plug ins on the 2 bus is no problem to run

I need a dedicated recording computer as i need the laptop for school

the new mac mini came out maybe a day or two ago Apple - Mac mini - Even more powerful. Even more affordable. and the specs are better than my laptop. 2.7 dual i7, 8 gigs of ram, and i could add another hard drive inside the mini

I'd love to buy an imac or mac pro for recording but i'm on a budget right now (sorry everyone, i'm sort of an idick ;) )

Any thoughts on this? or has anyone used a mac mini for recording?

Yeah I think thats a solid choice. My computer is a Mac Mini from round 07 or 08, works pretty well.
I run it with Snow Leopard and Logic 9, and while sometimes it'll have a little fit, I get by quite well.
Considering the nice specs I would go with one (and for the price its not bad). Just remember you need the screen.
Personally I'm going to wait for the next MBP uprgade, and if i have enough money, get a 17". That would be the dream, but I'll probably end up with a 15", 17 is just too big.

Back