Mac and 002 Rack? ...Sweetwater?

don'tkill kenny

I am getting ready to take the plunge and have some questions.

1. Is anybody here using this set up and Digging it/ not digging it..for what reasons?

2. What Mac would you get? I don't think I can afford the g5, but am thinking the G4 lap top for portabilitly,live gigs etc.

3. Is Sweetwater the best place to buy from? Price/service/tech support?

Thanks

I've got a G4 dual 1.42 and the 002 Rack and it works great for me. Watch out for the G5 because I don't know if they are compatable yet with the 002. They very well could be but I don't know. The only thing with the Powerbook would be limited track count and plug-ins because of the single processor but I really don't know how much you would be able to get out of it. I can run a butt load of tracks and plug-ins without a problem right now.

I got my 002 rack from Sweetwater and they were great with support and all that stuff. It shipped quick and all too. If you go through them ask for Paul Rowan, he was my sales person and he helped me out a lot. Ask for him if you do the order over the phone. I'm pretty sure they match prices too but I think you're going to find the same price for Digidesign stuff.

Good luck

Josh

Thanks for the info Josh,
I have been wondering how they could possibly get all the same stuff in the laptop as opposed to that big ol' tower.
kenny

Anything Mac Is Good!

Stick with getting a mac!
You can get by with just a new, or even last edition, imac! They are great and easy to move around!

Stick with getting a mac!
You can get by with just a new, or even last edition, imac! They are great and easy to move around!

Dude--you just replied to a five year old post. That might make sense if you had a question worth resurrecting it for, but you just sort of made a random comment.

Oh well...I guess it shouldn't bug me. (But it does :confused:)

Back