M1akmk 2 Alesis Monitors

substance

I'm thinking about buying these monitors, my pal at the guitarr shop said he'd match GC's price.

Anyway, has anybody used these and what do you think of them?

I also got som AKG-44 headphones...will these do the trick or should I invest in someting better?

tnx in advance

Do you mean Alesis Monitor1 MkII?

If so, then they would be decent for your first monitor purchase. We are using them right now in our studio. However due to the amount of work we doing these days I would like to get something better. But like I said they are good for your first monitors.

www.2020audio.ca

Yo Substance:

Alesis monitors are mediocre at best. I had a pair but I sold them long ago.

For the money, if you check these boards/forums, the Yorkville Passives are a great buy. They aren't the best or the ultimate; however, they do a very good job, much better than Alesis boxes.

As to cans, well, heh, heh, if you search around here you'll find a plethora of good cans being touted. So, I tout the Beyer 750 cans. Really a nice clean sound with these cans. There are, "better" if you consider $$ as better. But, the Beyer cans are a good investment. Try to try a pair and compair. There, I'm a poet and my feet show it; they are LONGFELLOWS.

I couldn't resist that old line from high school.

Green Hornet:p :p :D :cool:

Back