m-audio price drop

steelpetals

what's with the price drop on all the m-audio preamps? tampa at $400 and the DMP3 at $160? Manufacturer driven? Is some big change expected with m-audio?

It's that time of year, maybe they've got something new coming out at the NAMM show. So in that case, M-Audio and the dealers want to clear inventory to make way for the new product. Just a guess.

I doubt that's the case with Tampa, which is a pretty new product. At $400, it should be a real contender in the mid-priced pre market.-Richie

my tampa just arrived today. so far on vocals it is a good deal warmer. I'll let you all know the scoop over the next couple of days. The manual seems fairly imformative.
Blake

when i say warmer, i mean in comparison to the pres on my korg d16. i'm utilizing the digital outs which seem pretty nice as well. i picked it up from samedaymusic.com for $400 including 2nd day air ups. life is good thus far

that's great for you guys but you can bet the price drop won't make its way across the pond...and if it does it'll be gratefully absorbed by greedy retailers.

why does everything have to be so expensive over here?

hmmm i haven't noticed any prices dropping over here and i've been watching the dmp3 recently. i would order from mainland europe but if it busts it's cheaper to be able to take it back somewhere locally.

Hey NOisedude, just have someone here pick stuff up for you and ship it by boat, posted as a gift.... I shipped a U195 to Britain last week for like $18, and that was via 5 day. Coulda gone boat for like $10, ya gotta wait a while, but money is money.

noisedude I've just bought an m-audio card - whenever I buy anything its price always falls soon afterwards, :rolleyes: so there's probably good news on the way for you...

tubedude - won't i have problems with voltages and stuff though?

Garry - I'll keep my eyes open. At the price Alec says DV have got the Tampa it's just entered my list for pres this summer.

Back