m-audio mobilepre usb...

rynomig

i would like to use this mobilepre usb for recording some acoustic and vocals with sm57, i would also like to use it to record a live band with 2 condensors capturing everything. Is this the cheapest way to record live? any info appreciated

It depends a lot I suppose on just which condensors you're talking about and just what kind of live performace you're talking about, but in many cases you miight just have your microphone selection reversed. :)

A good quality condensor will go a lot further in recording with quality many acoustic instruments and vocals than a '57 will.

Conversely, in live situations, if you are miking amplified or high-SPL percussion instruments such as electric guitars, snares and toms, or close miking off the PA speakers, you might sometimes be better suited using the 57s instead of the more subtle and fragile condensors.

If you are distance stereo miking the general stage, however, and/or it's not a high-decible rock performance, then yes, the condensors will probably get you off to a good start. I'd still stay away from the 57 for most acoustic or vocal recording though.

G.

Back