M-AUDIO MOBILE PRE ..what you think of it ?

Its good for the money. Not much competiton for under 150, I bought it bundled with a mic or I would have got the dmp3. The pres are better then the arts, and its easy to use. I had one problem where it would go mute and would work perfect after a restart. I called m-audio and they tried to be helpful but couldnt explain what was wrong. So im not too sure about there support it was still under warranty so they should have just replaced it. But it rarely happen I think it was a power issue or a conflict. I been using it for 9 months with no other problems. One other thing there drivers arent updated that much.

Lexicon has a newer pre for 129.99 records in 24 bit and has reverb, only 1 xlr. I havent heard anything about it though.

i got it a year ago and for the price it's been great for me. of course all i do is record vocals and an occasional guitar or hand percussion , but if two ins are all you need then this thing is good. good clear sound from the pre's, good headphone amp, and i love the portability of it. plus like the previous poster said you can usually get a free mic with it if you order online. definitely not the best at anything it does, but it's hard to beat it for under 200.

Thanx,yes,i got it intented on recording vocals
i think its giving me great results,but im new at it
im mastering how to use the volume controls cause sometimes
the direct monitor gives me saturation on the headphiones only ,and the capture its
at the middle.-
Im using this way,please tell me if im doing something wrong :
- Shure PG48 (its the only mic i have now,please recommend me one for vocals only) plugged to the rear XLR input
- Cool Edit Pro 2.0
- Direct monitor almost at the max
- Capture level at the middle
- One miniplug audio cable with 2 rcas into a receiver
- One headphone into a receiver (im using it as a monitor im not using the MobilePre's headphone jack because i can't hear my voice)
am i doing something wrong ?
Im just making sure,thanx you all !

I use the mxl 990, It came with it one of the cheapest condensors you can find($60). Its been reliable, not great. But a steal since it came bundled.
If you have 100 bucks get the studio projects b, or maybe at2020
U should turn it down a bit, Too loud and it will distort

Back