M-Audio MIDIsport 8x8

Xdrummer

I'm in the process of upgrading my computer and also upgrading my software to Sonar Platinum.

My old system was still a Windows XP format and now I'm going to Windows 7 - and here is my problem.

When I load the driver for my M-Audio Midisport (which worked fine on Windows XP) the computer recognizes it - however when I try to actual use the MIDIsport, the computer does not recognize the actual software - so I can't use the MIDIsport.

There are links to update the driver (which I've done) - but no links to update the application software. So - maybe the software simply is not compatible since it's about 8 years old.

The MIDIsport is no longer made. I could buy a MOTU 8x8 - but I don't want to spend another $230 if I can avoid it.

Anyone run into this or have any suggestions to help me make the MIDIsport work???

I have the midisport 8x8, I think Im right in saying it has lifetime support. When I moved from XP to Win 7 I got in touch with them and they set me a new chip and instructions on installing it (which were very straightforward) for free. Mine was before m-audio took over midi sport and it was still supported. Its now working on a win 8 machine with no problems. Try dropping them an email.

Much thanks - I'll try that

I have the midisport 8x8, I think Im right in saying it has lifetime support. When I moved from XP to Win 7 I got in touch with them and they set me a new chip and instructions on installing it (which were very straightforward) for free. Mine was before m-audio took over midi sport and it was still supported. Its now working on a win 8 machine with no problems. Try dropping them an email.

Back