M-Audio Interfaces

guitars458

Does anybody know if M-Audio interfaces (fast track, ultra, etc.) have to use pro-tools, or can I use an interface on Cubase Le 4? I've been using Cubase Le 4 for a very long time, and I'm much more knowledgeable about it than pro-tools.

Thanks,
Guitars458

Last edited:
I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track Pro with Presonus Studio One Pro.

Pro Tools M-Powered 8 requires a M-Audio interface, but the M-Audio interface doesn't require Pro Tools.

I've used a fast track pro for a year now and it's worked with every program I've used so far (except for ProTools)

It's the other way around. To use Pro Tools you have to have a Digidesign/Avid approved interface. At least that was the case through PT8. PT9 removed that requirement and now you can use many interfaces. You generally can use Digidesign/Avid approved interfaces with other software, and many M-Audio interfaces (non M-Powered) weren't even approved for PT, so you had to use other software.

But not to confuse the OP..... you can use the Fast Track Pro with ANY recording software AFAIK. I've used it with Studio One Pro, Audacity, Reaper.

Pro Tools? You need an Avid approved computer. lol.

Hm :/ This is why I'm not a fan of Digidesign. It's way to complicated to use their products sometimes.

Back