M-Audio Delta 1010 at Sweetwater for $469

That's a great price. I'd get another one but we all know you can't use more than one without problems. Even though m-audio practically denies the problem exists. Screw em. Next year, I guess it's time for the MOTU 24 i/o

Isn't the dual 1010 setup only a problem under the new Windows; I thought it worked under 98se and others.

I've been looking at buying a 1010 for a while now because my current soundcard (Guillemot Maxi Studio ISIS) won't run under Win2K or XP and I'm getting tired of constantly rebooting 98. Now I read that there's problems with running 2 1010's under 2000 and XP. Are these reports true or is it just some unsatisfied customer that didn't know how to set it up?

I should have been more precise with my question. Which is better in terms of sound quality? (The larger no. of inputs isn't a factor for me, but if the pre-amps and converter sound better I would still get one.)

Thanks.

The 1010 doesn't have preamps and I'm nearly positive the 44 doesn't either. The 1010 converters have a pretty good reputation, especially for the price. Pretty sure the 44 converters are of lower(how much lower?could you tell anyway) quality.

delta 44 = no preamps
delta 66 (delta 44 w/spdif) = no preamps
delta 66 w/omnistudio = 2 preamps (in the omnistudio)
delta 1010 = no preamps

the a/d converters in the 1010 are rumored to be a *bit* better than those in the 44/66...I don't have the specs in front of me

having said that, I own a 44 and have been nothing but thrilled with the quality...

There are new drivers that are supposed to fix multi Delta cards in XP. I don't think I've seen any posts that confirm this. Probably because most people who had the problem have switched to RME cards - might explain all the cheap 1010s on e-bay. It does fix the WDM recording offset problem though you still need to switch buffer settings when moving between ASIO app's and Sonar

Back