M-Audio Axiom 49 1st gen not responding in Reason.

khoff

OK. So I bought the 1st gen one and set it up initially Via USB. Everything hooked up like cake. But seeing as I need my USB ports for other things, I switched to MIDI hookup through my interface, Presonus Firepod. I did that, and it worked with literally every DAW I have (Reason, Ableton, Logic and Reaper).

Then recently I unhooked the controller to jam with a few friends and hooked it back up.... Nothing works through the MIDI way.

It works via USB in Ableton only. It's not even recognized in Reason. I assume its a driver issue, but there are no drivers for OS because its compatible with it already.

Preese help!

could be a channel issue, "Press the Glob Chan button. The LCD will show the channel on which the keyboard is currently transmitting" also check what the "MIDI Out from USB" setting is. If it is on, then no data will be sent to the out port.

Thank you. Theres an update now though. Still no response via MIDI Out. But the USB works partially, the drum pads word. But only ONE key works. It's the only note and none of the others will work.

May seem stupid but did you plug it back into the same usb port as you removed it from? this will cause conflicts / replication. Not ure what happens with others but in PT it will appear as eg "axiom 2" check and remove duplicates.
Luck

Back