M-Audio Audiophile Monitor/Headphone Out

SinisterRouge

Well, I have been using the M-Audio Audiophile (PCI) soundcard for a almost year now and while I'm very pleased with the sound quality, I'm a little tired of unplugging the speakers everytime I want to check something with my headphones. I guess I could buy a line mixer, that has both a speakers-out and a headphones-out but I'm wondering whether there's some other way around this. Would the line mixer degrade or attenuate the signal?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks in adnvance.

some more detail ?
why not send the audiophile output into an amp running the speakers.
just plug phones into the amp.
unless of course you have speakers with the amp built in.
is this your situation ?
if so just get a small headphone amp with a foldback or line mixer.
plug the sound card into it then use the foldback into your monitoring.
it would help to know more detail on your monitoring.

the term foldbaxck means essentially what comes into a mixer is sent back out. basically just another set of jacks.
ok - so your monitors have the amplification built in.
in this case....try this
sound card line out>>>line mixer line input (channel 1 and 2) with the pan on ch1 all left and pan on ch2 all right. come out of foldback into the truth
stereo input. normally line mixers are cheap and 8 channel. with each channel
having a volume and pan control. you would plug your akg phones (i have some of the same akg) into the line mixer phone jack.
another way instead of the line mixer is to find an old cass dek , take sound card line out into its line input and plug the phones into the dek.
then take line out of dek into the powered truths line input.
btw - just google for a cheap line mixer.
tascam and fostex used to make them. maybe behringer does now or rolls or some other vendor.

Back