m-audio audiobuddy problem :/ (not turning on)

keerus

hey. so i am in the middle of recording my second solo album, and my audiobuddy decides to stop turning on. :-(. i KNOW i have the right adapter. it's a 120v AC -> 9v AC adapter, and on the back of the audiobuddy it says 9v AC. i opened it up to see if there were any fuses that had burned up or anything and i don't see anything wrong. it was functioning perfectly fine until one day it just stopped working. has anyone else had a problem similar to this? any suggestions would be very appreciated. thanks in advance.

justin

I have an Audio Buddy, but I haven't had this problem (thankfully).

have you checked the 'on' button on the front to make sure it's engaging correctly?

it pushes in and stays in normally, but i don't know enough about electronics to actually test if it is engaging correctly. any ideas?

justin

keerus said:
i KNOW i have the right adapter. it's a 120v AC -> 9v AC adapter, and on the back of the audiobuddy it says 9v AC.
justin

are you sure the adapter is still o.k.? I once was close to scrapping my scanner when I found the adapter went dead ... I suppose you can have it checked/replaced at a local electronics shop

joerg

yeah it might have gotten to the point where you need to take it to the shop.

when I said the button wasn't "engaging", I meant, when you push it in, is it pushing the right things in place to start it up? (sorry I don't know much about electronics either)

basically, if you opened it up, and nothing looked out of place, I'd take it to the shop, or try a friend's adapter if you can.

my (un-informed) 2 cents

Back