M-Audio 2496 sound card problems setting up

stevem5000

I'm hoping some one can help on this issue...

Win 7 64 8Gb...SSD for system and programs...2tb HD for data...Audacity...

Installed 2496 audio card in PCI slot...Records just fine and I can hear audio when I play back...
HOWEVER...I CANNOT hear any audio when I'm recording...
I'm running driver 5.10.0.5078...

My old audio card, Diamond something or other...I could hear what I was recording as I recorded it...but I CANNOT do it with this 2496 card...

I'm sure it's something in my settings but so far can't figure it out...

I have been able to set it up to monitor my "source"...but not what I'm actually recording...meaning I start playing a track from an LP and I can hear that....then I start Audacity in few seconds later and I'm hearing the source not the Audacity track,...

Any suggestions...???

Thanks
Steve

You really should get a better DAW than Audacity. It's not the best by any means or really suited to purpose. Try Reaper, free to try, cheap as chips to buy.

Anyway, double click the M-Audio icon down by the clock and go to the Patchbay/Router tab and turn Monitor mixer on.

untitled.JPG

I have audacity too but I don't use it. I have studio one and that fulfils my needs.
Doesn't audacity use wasapi? I find that useless.
Baz

Thanks Mr Clean...
I've got a problem as my Delta control panel is completely different...

Delta1.pngDelta2.pngDelta3.pngDelta4.png

I didn't put in a screen shot of the input tab as I don't have anything plugged into the input jacks at the moment....that screen is grayed out...

Do I need to go back to an older driver or something to get a better control panel...???

Many thanks...
Steve

The options I have are
sw rtn I get no audio with this option
mixer I get source audio
1/2 in I get source audio
spd in I think used for a digital source... DAT etc...
spd inv in again I think DAT source etc...

So far I start recording from a vinyl LP and turned every switch and link on and off that I can see...
But it seems I can get only source audio....

When I connect up to another PC with a different audio card...I get recorded audio no problem...
So I believe it has to be something in my 2496 settings that is blocking the recorded audio monitoring...

Back