Lynx and Les Nessman

Where is Carl Palmer when you need him? I assume that is a real Hammond there. Cool Sound. I was going to say it needed something and then the singing started. Not sure I'm entirely enamored but there is something there. I see why you are conflicted. If it were me (and its not) I would take the best ideas and make a more economical tune.

The more I listen, I really like the basic tune you have here and how it plays with the rhythm. Very, very clever.

Typing as I listen:

Okay, the title sucked me in, exposing my WKRP obsession for all the world to see.

I started out thinking that there was too much "room" in this - as in: it all sounds some distance from the mic - but 2 minutes in, I'm liking the space.

I guess I could stand to hear it undmuddied a little - a little less room ambience.

Cool mix of instruments. Keeps me interested. When everything's happening at once there's a little fighting for space. Especially the piano gets lost a little.

Cool song - could stand a little mix tweaking.

Nice!

Chris

Kind of a mix of borouque and jazz (at least in the intro). You wouldn't think that's possible would you? I liked the intro, cool ambience. Cool harmonies.

The vocals aren't sitting just right. They jump out a little too much. Perhaps some well placed EQ cuts and a warm reverb would help out with that.

Everything else seems fine. I liked the shouts from the background - good idea.

ashulman - Thx for the comments, I appreciate it. It's a really strange song for me and I thought I should compress it as well.

groucho - Thanks, I really need to uproot my whole recording process, I hear mixes on this board and I'm just in awe.

3M - Thanks, I agree the vocals need *something* but I haven't figured it out quite yet. I'm going to buy Sonar later this summer and try to improve on all this...

Pretty cool. I like the tone on the intro. To me (imveryho) I didn't care for the drum programming...don't know why exactly, for some reason it just didn't work for me...but this is very subjective. I think maybe they sounded too busy to me ... :)

I really like the different textures you are using and nice vocals. Nice playing throughout...you did a good job creating a moody, ambiant piece of music. I like the arranging for the most part (actually the drum patterns began growing on me by the end of the tune)

You know what, I really like this...and WKRP was a Great Show!

:D

boydrj - Thx for the comments, it is a rather moody piece. WKRP was the best show ever and way ahead of it's time IMO

"more music and Les Nesman!"

Very enjoyable! Love the melody and the vocals. And I do dig the weirdness. Send it to the college radio stations:D. I think "charming" is the best word for this. I'm not gonna say the recording/mixing was slick, but it's just right.

fprod south - Cool, thanks for the nice comments. I have a few weird tracks that I'm laying down lately, goes with my love life :)

sounds like everything below 200htz was rolled off...but the bass kinda made it thru.

very clicky, midrangy sounding drum tracks.

as you get more into the meat of the song, it "appears " to be better... just weird mix to this one.

I think a lot of it has to do with the freq. the instruments you tracked, lie in. Seems to really fight for middle ground, and only the panning is keeping things separate.

neat ideas...especially the orchestration towards the end. And I liked the tremelo'd gtr sounds.

not to crazy on the mono synth patches.

mixmkr

Thx for the comments, unfortunately I think I may have made 5 or 6 tracks which are basically in mono. Ugh.

Back