LP Vs Variax A/B test

Is clip A or B the Gibson LP ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The LP was clip A, Variax clip B

again I have tried to be as unbiased as I could and have nothing invested in the outcome of this poll

Rickson Gracie said:
I dont know about anyone else but every online sample ive heard of a variax sounded SO digital its a joke. COMPLETELY UNORGANIC.

maybe theyll improve on the technology but for now its just a toy. for the record im not a fan of modeling amps either.

BTW i voted A. variax and B. LP

That is so freaking funny, the Variax sounds so bad but you picked the wrong one as the real LP - I've almost wet myself laughing about this (no offense intended) :)

Someone I worked with got it right.

If people would just admit they bought the expensive gear just because they wanted to then all these discussions would be a lot easier.

haha, i wont believe it unless i see it. if its true then kudos to the variax. i would like to hear one in a full mix. maybe another poll?

I guess I could stick one in a mix with out too much bother.

Anyone any major prefs as to how I record it ?

An C414 into the Avalon in front of the Marshall would not be too hard.

Dr_simon said:
I guess I could stick one in a mix with out too much bother.

Anyone any major prefs as to how I record it ?

An C414 into the Avalon in front of the Marshall would not be too hard.

Can you crank the amp this time? Its really irritating when its so quiet we can hear the pick hitting the strings lol.

Unfortunately not which is why I normally use a pod !!! I was even pointing the guitars away from the mic last time !

baaa !!

wow I feel pretty cool I actually got it right. In fact right away I noticed b was the LP. Eh lucky guess i'm sure but still! :)

Back