Low Sensitivity Condenser Microphone

Adamizer9

Hey everyone. I am looking for a microphone, and I need your help and recommendations. So what I am looking for is a low sensitivity condenser microphone like the title says. I want it to be a condenser so it sounds more natural and crisp. I have a started condenser microphone right now that is okay, but I want to upgrade (Blue Snowball). I find that it picks up my PC fans, which I want to cancel out. So how I will have it set up is on a stand on my desk, next to my keyboard. I would prefer the Mic to be USB for the ease of use, but I understand that is extremely cutting down the options. If USB is off the table for what I need, please direct me to an adapter (if possible) because I don't want to get into pre amps or interfaces (if possble) If you have any recommendations or require further questions just let me know and I can answer. Thanks :D

What you need is a mic you can put right up to your lips, like what they use in live performances. Some are condensers, but there are also nice sounding dynamic mics. So try either a handheld style mic on a stand (like a Shure SM58) or a pro headset mic. Either can be connected to a USB audio interface. Your application may allow using something like the Blue Icicle.

What you need is a mic you can put right up to your lips, like what they use in live performances. Some are condensers, but there are also nice sounding dynamic mics. So try either a handheld style mic on a stand (like a Shure SM58) or a pro headset mic. Either can be connected to a USB audio interface. Your application may allow using something like the Blue Icicle.

I see what you mean with a dynamic microphone, and I have tried those but I found that they require me to be to close to the microphone. What I am asking more specifically is a condenser mic that is in between the average dynamic mic and the average condenser mic. So one that picks up some noise, but not where I have to be super close if that makes sense. I will be like 1 1/2 to 2 feet away probably.

Condensers are by design very sensitive. You might consider a CAD M179 with the figure 8 position. You should be able to position the nulls to your needs. It however is not less sensitive, just more directional.

I see what you mean with a dynamic microphone, and I have tried those but I found that they require me to be to close to the microphone. What I am asking more specifically is a condenser mic that is in between the average dynamic mic and the average condenser mic. So one that picks up some noise, but not where I have to be super close if that makes sense. I will be like 1 1/2 to 2 feet away probably.

The problem isn't the microphone, the problem is the distance. By placing the mic so far from the source (your mouth) you have to use more gain (turn it up louder) and that's what makes it pick up the noise. No mic at that distance will work: you need to move it to the source.

Decouple the mic as much as possible from the desk. Use a tripod boom stand and use acoustic room treatment to try to reduce room / equipment noise.
What about filter screen. Getting a quiter computer, I don't know it's difficult without seeing hearing.
I wish I could help more

Back