Low Recorded Volume of PA 9 Songs

busted kitty

Am I doing something wrong? When I record using PA 9, and mix down and burn to CD, it plays back at quite a low volume. My last project was mastered at a mastering house, but it seems to me that the quality of the recording was compromised when they raised the volume of the tracks at the mastering stage. Any suggestions?

Do you have a "hot" enough signal coming into your computer? Have you adjusted the track levels in console view (left side faders)? If they're already maxed out you don't have a high enough signal coming in. Do you have the console view right side faders (monitor levels just for listening) set at 0 dB? If you are running a lot of tracks you probably can't see the right side monitor faders unless you scroll to the right. Keep in mind those right side faders have nothing to do with the level when you mix down. They're just for monitor mix.

thanks for the reply

I have a hot enough signal (I'm using the Ark Manager mixing console, and getting levels just below the reds). Also, I have levels of tracks set to where they don't hit red in the console view of Cakewalk. Anything else I might try?

Back