"Low End Crowd" Decent mix?

jeff0633

This is only a joke song I made aimed at the guys on the "High End" forum over at Gearslutz. Only recording folks will understand most of the lyrics so it's only for us folks who are in to recording. I didn't even mean for this to be a song before I recorded the first guitar tracks but just decided to go on with it but that's why no real chorus or bridges or anything. Just wondering about the mix. All done in my little bedroom using my sound panels to make a kind of box around my amp. Cheap gear, old Pod XT into a Tube MP then in to the mp3 input of a Acoustic brand bass amp and then miced with a Nady SCM-1000 condenser using a Mackie 402 little mixer for preamp.

Low End Crowd by TNphotog | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I don't know..... it would have sounded SO MUCH BETTER going through that Neve console into 2" tape at 30IPS. Plus, I think you can get a rebuild on that Nady that just replaces the electronics, capsule, body and screen, and turns it into a vintage U47 for under $2000!

:listeningmusic:

This sounds great. The mix and balance is superb. Your vocal performance is so good especially with the gospel!. I couldn't stop laughing. I need this on a playlist. Great fucking work.

This sounds great. The mix and balance is superb. Your vocal performance is so good especially with the gospel!. I couldn't stop laughing. I need this on a playlist. Great fucking work.

Haa, thanks for that comment. I wish I would have been able to put more of the little chorus section. I had so many lyrics I just couldn't stop, lol. I appreciate the comment.

No worries. It was perfect the way it is. I had to download it and give you a like and follow. I'm a fan.

Very good mix and the song had me grinning from ear to ear.

Favourite line = "they made of mattress foam" lmao

I have a Yammy Bass and I'll put it up against any P-Bass, Jazz or Rick I've ever personally tried. Take that high-end guys.

Some groovy foot pedal action coming down the middle. Guitars and vocals are great. Nice groove. No Pultec EQ? Are you mad? :D I've always identified with the low end crowd both by choice and necessity

Good groove. keepin it on the low end. What is it they say, If you can't get a decent mix on low-end equipment, buying high-end stuff won't help. Something like that.

I have a Yammy Bass and I'll put it up against any P-Bass, Jazz or Rick I've ever personally tried.

Yup, Love my $150 yamaha. Er, but the son has it now.

Back