Low Budget Want To Record Need You

Cascoballa

Hello, I am on a low budget recently I have been recording with a acoustica mixcraft (software) and I believe it is a shure 57 vocal mic now the recording sounds pretty good and I can burn it to a cd. Now I don't need something to record any beats with because I download instrumentals. My Question is what should I use to get better sound on a low budget. All I want to do is vocals. I just want it to sound more in depth to the song. I was looking at buying Fast Track USB—Professional USB Audio Interface or M-Audio Audio Buddy Budget Microphone Preamp or EMU-0404 SoundCard. I figured one of these is better then using what I am using now. I want to sound good with out monitors and all that. A little distortion is alright, so can you help me on a $200 budget. Please

The Emu is a pretty good card, but you may want to grap a mic thats more geared towards vocals. The ksm44 is a fairly cheap vocal mic. Also, you might want to get a different mic preamp. unfortunately that can be kind of expensive. I guess you might be able to get away with a shure sm58 for vocals and the preamp in the EMU.

Back