'Lovesong' by The Cure cover

Laynestaley

Newbie Shmewbie
I never used so many channels so I had a hard time mixing this one. I'm happy with the way it turned out however. Any comments especially on the mix are greatly appreciated.

I thought the music was great. It sounded pretty much like the original. The keys sounded thin though. I keep waiting for Robert Smith to come in.

Your voice doesn't really sound like his though. That kind of makes it sound like a karioke kind of thing.

Great guitar work, bass work, and drums. What all did you use?

What other covers do you have?

Ah, bliss - you can't go wrong with a Cure cover.
A faithful rendition indeed, which I enjoyed listening to.

I'm such a HUGE fan of Smith & co., and most of my music is based around that style.

A note about the vocals - Robert Smith's voice and style is so distinctive and original, that it would be murder to try to even match it - the best the thing to do (which you did) is to sing it in your own style (rather than attempting a laughable impression).

I have a song i'm working on which is very Cure-ish - so will be looking forward to sharing my first mp3 here with you guys soon.

Very impressive cover. Kramer caught the guitar stuff...

The only differences I hear from the original were in the vocal, and in the different synth patches (which were close)...

Everyone should check this out, whether they're familiar with the song or not.

Chad

Back