Lovers Moon...new song !

King Soda

Ok...ive uploaded a new song,Lovers Moon,to mp3.com. This time i tried to focus on the production. Im still having problems with recording vocals,backing vocals etc. The vox sound pretty awful to me and if you have ANY good ideas please feel free to help me. I havent gotten any responses to my last couple of posts and i would be grateful if someone would listen/comment on the song...thanks in advance !

http://www.mp3.com/kingsoda

I call this kind of music "soda pop music":D...Not coming across as a total smart ass know it all..but yeah the vocals need some major help here. Did you just do the vox track one time? Your voice sounds allright just a lot of cracking up in diffrent places. I thought the music was pretty decent, the break down and build up @ 2:40 was kinda cool. What did you use in the recording process?...David

I really liked it until the keys came in (reminded me of Mould/Sugar), which bothered me more than the vocals even though they're pretty thin. Like David said, what were you using??

Im using a very cheap "radio shack" microphone...all guitars were recorded direct. The vocals were recorded once, no overdubs. If u have an suggestions on what kind of techniques,reverbs,delays etc i should use, lemme know.

King Soda

Enjoyed your song,thought the production was real good.
Considering you used a cheap radio shack mic I thought the vocals sounded great.Good guitar playing too.
Keep it up,
Pete

Not bad. You should have taken the time to get your vocals at least in key(although I should be one to talk), it would have made a big difference. The drum machine fills totally suck, though. It's an overall decent song, just put a little reverb on the vocals, maybe try doubling up on the lead vocal track and mix the two so they sound good together, that always helps. The mike didn't really sound that bad, just the voice singing in it (no offense).

Back