Lover Boys Eyes

I like the idea behind the megaphone chorus, but it really doesn't need that delay. It's muddelling it up a bit. Singer has a very good voice. Drums could play a groovier beat. I feel the playing lacks a bit of dynamic, there's no build-up leading you into the choruses which makes the song just drag along. I find the organ a bit loud (but that's my taste, I'm not a friend of keyboards...:D)The tune is good, but could be arranged better so as to give it more of that "aha" kick.

Joey :)

+1 for the comments on dynamics and drums, but overall I found it to be a very enjoyable listen. The only particular I have is that the rhyme scheme was occasionally predictable, but then, it's not like every song needs to be unique in that regard. :)

Good Job,

Id agree with mixing the drums up a bit more with possibly more fills leading into things...other than that I enjoyed it..well performed and a good mix :)

Thanks for the comments.

I was thinking of adding more backup vocals right before chorus hits...that may add a bit more excitement or dynamics before chorus hits.

I agree with lacking dynamics...its tough to build excitment when i first wrote and recorded guitar because I wasnt sure how the song would turn out...thats one part of my playing I need to work on...I need to work on adding more interesting things so the listener doesnt get bored and need to have the song build up more excitement as song moves along.

Right now im more focused on getting clean recordings and good mix however dynamics is another area I need to work on.

Back