Lots of questions for beginner including macs and digital mixers

sonicyouth

Hey Guys, I have a lot of quesitons, I'd be really really appreciative if anyone took the time to answer some or all or any of if! truly truly! Thanks in advance...

Mark

4. Next is my point of much confusion... I've been really happy with my M-Audio Audiophile 2in 2 out card and would love to stick with them but for the next Lorna album I'd like to get a lot of the bass, keyboard, guitar playing done live and have looked into M-Audios 101 10in 10out...What are your thoughts?
a)We where also thinking about getting a digital control desk thingy for Logic. Am I right in thinking getting the Mackie Logic controller is a waste of money in case we ever want to move to pro tools or something. Is this the right way of thinking, I've noticed Mackie have these HUI systems, one being 800ish and the Baby being 399. Any thoughts?
b)If I where to get a digital desk such as the mackie baby hui am I right in presuming (I've only just started reading about these, sorry) that they are strictly just a controller for pre recorded material, and that they do not also act in the sense of a analog desk for recording into the computer?
c)Providing Digital desks cannot act for recording material in, and I go for the M-Audio 10 in 10 out, all I have as source of input is a single Mic input Focus Rite Penta, do I need to buy a bigger pre amp with lots of inputs or analog desk. Surely I cannot just plug straight into the phono sockets on the soundcard
d) Why does the soundcard have 10 out, am I presuming it's for connecting to different monitors in studios, mastering devices..all I have is one set of monitors

Back