Lost Zoom R16 Control Surface Ability

Mickster

I just realized that I lost the control surface function on my Zoom R16 on my Win7 64 laptop. I use Reaper as my DAW and was always able to use the R16 control surface functions. The R16 still works fine as an AI. All controls in Reaper work but when I go to Control/OSC/web in Reaper Preferences I'm able to see and select the Mackie Universal choice....the choice I believe I've always used.....but when selected......it does not allow me to "apply" it. I've tried all the other control surface choices in Reaper Preferences......but none work....and as I recall...only the Mackie choice ever really worked anyway.

I have a Win10 setup using Reaper and the R16 and the control surface works fine on that laptop.

Any thoughts? I guess I should reload the drivers?? Is it possibly due to Win7 for some reason?

2 cents worth of....I usually mess up things when I overthink computer issues....so need to go slow here.

Mick

Attachments

• Zoom R16 - Reaper Control Surface View.JPG
    Zoom R16 - Reaper Control Surface View.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Found the folder I had used to keep the R16 drivers and manual and system software in on my Win7 laptop. The folder was there....but there were no files in it. I have no idea how that happened. Took the same file from my backup drive and put it where the empty folder was.....and presto chango......after a reboot.......all is well!! Geeez.......

2 cents worth of what you can only call.........operator error.

Mick

Back