lost wavs in mixdown

gjb3

I've read here that at times, n-track will lose a wav or two when mixing down a song (i.e the mixdown wav will be "missing" a part of the song). Normally when that happens to me, I just mix it down again and the missing wav magically returns, but lately I have one song that loses a wav about 50% of the time when I mix down (i'm doing test mixes). It's a different wav every time. The only solution I've found is to open the song again, move the wav in question a bit, save the song and close, then reopen and move the wav back to the correct position. Then I save and mix down again, and that usually solves the problem...the "missing" wav will reappear in the new mixdown version, but again, there's about a 50% chance that another wav will be missing, so I have to keep doing this until it mixes down without losing a wav.

Weird and more than a bit frustrating. Defintely turning me off from using n-track in the future.

If anyone has any other ideas as to how to solve the problem please let me know...

-J

At the risk of talking to myself...the above problem can also be corrected by "cutting" the wav in question from the song, saving the song, and then re-importing it and replacing it in the correct position in the song. This has recently been successful and I've had no further problems, at least with respect to that particular wav.

I spend more time trying to figure out how to get around n-track bugs lately than recording...

again, if anyone has any info on how to prevent this from happening in the first place (is there a patch?) please let me know.

-J

This one happens to most of us eventually. Make sure you write Flavio about it. It's one of those weird problems that's hard to reproduce, so it's lasted through MANY versions.

I've also had effects cut out during mixdown for no apparent reason.

And yeah, your workarounds are pretty much what many of us have done to work around the same problem. Also switching between normal mixdown and mixdown during playback seems to make a difference at times. Also try cloning a track, renaming its wave file, and muting the original (then deleting the original if it works).

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks for the response. The problem has only gotten worse and I already e-mailed Flavio. I was hoping a later version had corrected the problem...I'm using 3.0.2.

-J

Here's an update...Flavio's response was to say that I should upgrade to the latest version, and that a similar problem regarding "lost wavs" was corrected in more recent versions. From Slack's response previously, it doesn't sound like that's the case, and I don't want to upgrade (and potentially face more problems) unless I'm relatively certain that the "lost wavs" problem will be corrected by upgrading.

Has anyone with a current version on n-track had these problems? Has anyone with an older version solved the problem by upgrading? Slack - your thoughts?

-J

Actually I'm just using 3.0.5 right now. I went up to 3.1 a couple weeks ago and it performed horribly so I went back.

Slackmaster 2000

Back