lord watch over the poor children

Walter Tore

I have been working with a teenage girl at my high school that is so mad it is sad. We get along and I have been working with her finding more positive ways to deal with her pain. Most teachers are scared of her. She is just a neglected poor hungry kid. She tears up our floor and drives the teacher next to me crazy with her raging disruptions. Today I offered her a smoothie from the cafe my special education students run every friday if she doesn't rage all week. I did the same thing last year with one of our homemade chocolate chip cookies we sell. It worked just about perfect. I didn't follow up with it this year but am glad we are back on our routine. It is sure sad that a stinking little thing like this and genuine hellos everyday and smiles when we cross trails, can have such a huge impact. This song was about her. Walter

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9152855

Nice groove, cool bluesy melody but the lyrics don't really ring true to me personally, seems like you're just jumping from subject to subject with no real point.

Overall the mix is pretty solid, the sax seems to be recorded a touch hot especially in comparison to the rather smooth sound of everything else, especially the vox.

thanks for listening FunkDaddy. I spontaneously let my words and music flow. I have no idea what is coming out of me when I play. To me, this song is about our society, which IMO, is a me myself and me place. Be born poor and that is your problem. I was born affluent and that is the way the cards were dealt. Figure out your way out of hell. That makes me sad. I use the same mic for the harmonica (not a sax) and vocals. To mix them both is a challange. the harp wants the highs cut more than the vocals do. Everything is recorded at once and all instruments, voice, mics, guitar amp, are within a few feet of each other. Walter

Back