looping or one take instruments?

myniecechloe

Should i play the guitar part once and loop it 3 other times or play it 4 times? I do not have a clue and i would appreciate help...... also if the answer is looping can i please be clued in to how to do it the best way..... i've tried looping it in multitrack view using the right click method, I also edited it so that it was just the "riff" in question, yet, it did not loop correctly, PLEASE HELP ME

-JM

If you loop it, the part will sound the same. If you play the part four different times, the differences between each take will make an audible difference. So, which one sounds better? Go with that one. Looping makes stuff tend to sound more mechanical, more beat-driven. Playing each part differently and completely makes stuff sound more 'performed by real musicians'.

Anyway, are you actually talking about looping a part, or are you talking about copying a whole track as a new track, and then playing the two tracks simultaneously?

no i know the difference....... haha, i just was watching the blink182 DVD and they had a chart of all the songs done on Take Off Your Pants and Jacket and one of the columns was "looping" so i thought they're records always sound good maybe that was why but now i realize its just cause Jerry Finn is a fricking incredible producer, thanks for the help tho, well appreciated!

If you're still interested in looping...What I do is record the part in the wav editor. Then while listening, tap F8 with the beat. That way you set markers exactly where the splices are. You can go back through after listening and make minor adjustments to your loop segments, highlighting each one and looping the playback while you adjust the markers. Once it's seamless just hit ctrl+m to insert it to the multitracker.
Oh yea, and to make sure there aren't any clicks on the seams of your loops, make sure you activate "snap to zero crossings" under Edit -> Snapping.

Happy loopin'

trog

Back