Looping for soundfonts

guitar ed

I want to ask all the soundfont makers here. What program do you think is the best for looping samples for soundfonts? I've mostly just dealt with drums, but I want to make a bass soundfont from scratch, and I need the best looping program available. What is it? SoundForge? Wave Lab? Recycle? Ableton Live? Please help me!

ed

Does no one have an opinion on this? C'mon, you losers!!!:D :D :D I need answers, here!! Which is more accurate and precise? Which will allow me to make the perfect loop? I need to know! :)

ed

I've tried that, but the looping utility in Vienna just seems so primitive. Can you really get as accurate in Vienna as you can in an editor like Wave Lab or Sound Forge? Like I said before, I've not really gotten into looping instruments other than drums, and I wonder if I'm getting into a real time-consuming adventure. Thanks for the reply

ed

Hey GuitarEd,

You might want to Google for Ethan Winer. He occasionally posts hereabouts, but I know he has a web page somewhere.

He really is the man when it comes to SoundFonts. He'll doubtless have some ideas regarding the best programs for looping samples for SoundFonts.

If I was anything like an expert in VSampler3 I'd say use that. But I'm not, so I won't. :)

--
BluesMeister

Thanks, Blues. I'm kinda thinkin' you can get there with any of the afore-mentioned apps, but I was wondering if any of them in particular were more geared toward this kind of looping. I know Wave Lab will let you create loop points from a selection, and it will also let you get in there and find the best loop points. I guess it's just a time-consuming thing regardless of what you use. I will check out Ethan's site and see how he does it. :)

ed

Back