Loop recording multi tracks

tpresz

Problem:
I am recording acoustic with two mics and one track direct.(three tracks)

I would like to loop record a portion of the song.
When I try this, the first track records but the others do not. New tracks appear for all inputs after looping but only the first loop has any recorded sound.

In other words when looping;
first take: all tracks recorded
all other takes: one track has audio other two do not.

Anybody see this before?
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

i had that happen in sonar2.1

it would overlay the 2nd take on top of the first when it went back to the origin of the loop point.

so the track was there and i could hear it but i couldn't see it... until i figured out they were overlayed.

oh, but i've never tried to do the loop point while recording multiple simultaneous tracks..

I did loop recording just the other day, and it worked perfectly as designed. Make sure that you have "Store takes in separate tracks" checked in Transport>Record options.

Other than that, it's a mystery. It should work right. If it doesn't, tech support is the place to go.

Good luck,

K-

crosstudio said:
so the track was there and i could hear it but i couldn't see it... until i figured out they were overlayed.
I find that dealing with overlaying clips is nasty in SONAR. I wish they would come out with right-click "Send to Back" / "Bring to Front" options for the clip just like in many image editing programs.

Back