Looking to upgrade my interface - Delta 1010

WERNER 1

Hey guys,.. it's been QUITE a while since I've been on here,..but the time has come for me to upgrade both my PC and my interface - I've been using my M-Audio Delta 1010 for quite a few years now, and for what it is, it's served me well :)

Typically I don't record more than two tracks at a time (Mostly dual mic'ing guitar cabs.. ) but I'd like to have the option of recording up to 8 or so at the same time.

I have a few preamps that I've been using over the past several years - DMP-1, SP VTB-1, RNP ... stuff like that, but part of me would just like to have an "all in one" unit with built in pre's and everything (???) .. BUT, I'd like it to have some decent pre's in it :)

I'm kind of open on price range,.. I'm thinking like 600.00 - 1000.00 maybe? ..

Ok,.. so let's here what you all have to say :)

Thanks in advance,
Rick

haha poor werner :(

hey lad
noticed the dearth of reply's for this, and while I dont have much input on this side of things I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents worth

about 12 months ago (tax return time :D ) I was in the market for a 8 track interface I ended up going with the PreSonus Fireproject.

But I was bloody close to picking up this http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/r16/
which could be something your interested in.
I liked it becuase it could work as either a stand alone 8 track recorder (saving to a SD card) or as a interface for your DAW via USB.
price was about $600 from memory.
it can record in 16/24 bit at 44.1khz as stand alone, or up to 96khz as DAW interface.

anyway I'm still thinking of getting one as a control surface, but it may be what your after.

Back