Looking to build a mic booth can you direct me to building plans? Please help.

puppethead

Hey guys I was wondering if someone here could help me out. My room is 8 feet high and 2 walls are 12 feet in length while the other two walls are 13 feet in length. My walls are treated with foam and I get a nice sound from the room but I need a mic/iso booth for vocals. I want it to be 4 feet on each side and 7'6 feet high. I'm going to treat the inside of that with aurelex foam but I dont understand the building part.

1. Do I need "sound board", particle board (check spelling), fiberglass and sheetrock?

2.how high should the floor of the booth be from the ground? Meaning if I should make it so a person steps UP and IN how high should it be?

3.what type of screws/bolts/clamps do I need and where would I get the plastic for the window?

I can get the wood,screws etc etc etc on discount (my pal works for a lumber yard) but I need to know what to get. If someone can direct me to building plans (I haven't found any on the net) or have info that might be useful feel free to link it, post it or say it.

Thanks in advance guys.

puppethead

ps if this post would get better responses in the mic forum let me know so i can ask dragon to move it.

Back