Looking into multi/effects for studio/live

DRMS_7888

I am pretty new to home recording, but I am looking into investing in some effects gear.

I want something that will work well in both my home studio and live. Something that will work well with both vocals and guitars mainly. Reverbs, chorus's, delays, compressors, distortions, junk like that.

Will I be able to have both my vocals and guitar plugged into the effects independantly of each other?

My mixer (for both studio and live) has the insert I/Os for two channels, which will be perfect for me.

It doesn't have to sound amazing, just enough to sound convincing.

The most I would want to spend would be $400, but cheaper reccommendations are certainly welcome as well.

Thanks, =D

Tyler

Take a serious look at the Kurzweil Mangler. It has some great presets and has two channels.

you should be checking out a "zoom"portable recorder+quality acoustic guitar preamp.....good enough for me!
DRMS_7888 said:
I am pretty new to home recording, but I am looking into investing in some effects gear.

I want something that will work well in both my home studio and live. Something that will work well with both vocals and guitars mainly. Reverbs, chorus's, delays, compressors, distortions, junk like that.

Will I be able to have both my vocals and guitar plugged into the effects independantly of each other?

My mixer (for both studio and live) has the insert I/Os for two channels, which will be perfect for me.

It doesn't have to sound amazing, just enough to sound convincing.

The most I would want to spend would be $400, but cheaper reccommendations are certainly welcome as well.

Thanks, =D

Tyler

mr zoom

I use a zoom mrs 26+quality preamp.........all the effects you should need..check it out........Al

Ok, I have looked in the Kurzweil line a bit more.

First off, would I want to record like this?

Mics/guitars---> Kurzweil----> Mixer ----> Computer

Or some other setup?

Also, what are the main differences between the Rumor and the Mangler?

DRMS_7888 said:
Ok, I have looked in the Kurzweil line a bit more.

First off, would I want to record like this?

Mics/guitars---> Kurzweil----> Mixer ----> Computer

Or some other setup?

Also, what are the main differences between the Rumor and the Mangler?
Actually, you would only probably want to do that to use compression on the tracks coming in. For other uses, you would likely want to print the tracks first, then apply the processing and effects afterwards (in a non-destructive way).

Thus, you would route a signal to the Kurz from the mixer's sends/returns or something similar.

fraserhutch said:
Actually, you would only probably want to do that to use compression on the tracks coming in. For other uses, you would likely want to print the tracks first, then apply the processing and effects afterwards (in a non-destructive way).

Thus, you would route a signal to the Kurz from the mixer's sends/returns or something similar.

Ok. I have a Yamaha MG10/2 mixer http://techhouse.brown.edu/~dmorris/studiocobbler/mixer.jpg (sorry, I couldn't find a better pic.)

So, could I route everything the way you described with this mixer and still use compression and other effects in real time?

Back