Looking for pro samples

ManDooM

I'm using Sonar 3 Producer and am looking for some professional samples to get me away from MIDI. What do you guys use?

ManDooM said:
What do you guys use?

Real instruments! ;)

But if I need to 'fake' something, I use Reason 2.5 slaved into Sonar via Rewire. This is reasonable, but by no means perfect. Reason comes with a couple of sound libraries which cover the usual suspects ranging from synths through to classical percussion.

Also - check out the samples that come on Disc two and three of Sonar. These are all cut-down sample sets, but you may find something there that you like.

There are literally thousands of options -- what instruments or music type are you looking for? Give us some ideas and people will be able to make better suggestions for you.

Ciao,

Q.

Well I'd like some really good classical strings, basses of all shapes and sizes, and drums/classical percussion. These are what I need the most. It wouldn't hurt to have some good horn samples, too (brass mostly).

I hear ya - my guitarist does double duty as sax/clarinet player which solves that little trouble for me, but still have yet to find anything I'm really happy with for trumpets and woodwind for that matter...

Ciao,

Q.

as far as drums go, i would love to get my mitts ona copy of BFD drums by Fxpansion. That looks like a great product. In fact, when i get settled in, in September i may pull the trigger on one. That is if i have any money left over from the repairs my guitar is gonna need from this weekend... :(

I have BFD though only the basic version with 7 drum kits plus some extra snares and cymbals. It's great. I guess it is like having a real drum kit miked up. You can change mic distance etc. and easily set up the kit for special effects on part of it.

As to samples I have some from Sonic Implants. Their basses are great. I also have their Session Drums which sound okay when running a karaoke program or something like that through the sampler. In this situation you can't always have more than one midi unit attached, so BFD won't do.

Finally I bought 6 cd's cheap off eBay with what I guess is free samples. You can, of course, download these from various places on the net, but the guy ordered them into groups like organ, guitar etc. and collected it all.

Back