looking for patch editor/librarian

Aion

I know this post may not be in quite the right place.. I'm looking for PC sotware information and on my first perusal I couldn't find the right niche, so I'll post this in a couple different places. Anyway on to the question at hand.

Im looking for a Windows PC based Patch/Editor Librarian package.

I work with the following MIDI capable modules:

Korg 01W/FD
Kurzweil PC2R
Alesis SR-16
Ensoniq DP-4
Fostex VF-16 (well it generates MIDI events, I dont know if it fits here though, really)

What I want to be able to do:
1. I want to be able to both store and send all MIDI data from these devices to/from my PC. I also want the flexibility to be able to determine how these files are stored, categorized, etc. to the file system.

2. Work with patches for any of the above hardware from a common windows type interface, rather than having to navigate multiple LCD's, soft-buttons, etc...

I was looking at a package called Midi-Quest 8.0 from SoundQuest. This looked like a capable package (except it lacks support for my Kurzweil sound module). I need some other names that generally match the criteria I've laid out above so I can do some comparison shopping.

I'm not worried about cost, I'd rather pay for a good product than to cut corners and add hassle (of course thats not to say that I'd be at all against finding a solid solution at a low cost too...)

thanks in advance for any info you can help me with!!!

Back