Looking for Guitar 2 part

music1csw

I'm a brand new recorder, a 1 1/2 year old guitar player (acoustic only), and a lifetime singer (notice I never said I was an artist - not that pretentious, at least yet). I'm going to make a recording of Prince's acoustic version of "7", and I was thinking of adding a Guitar 2 part (chords only, I'm not good enough to do finger picked solos). I was planning to record the guitar track twice anyway - with 2 different guitars - to get a good stereo sound. Does anyone have any suggestions for another chord progression that will work? Currently the chords are: A, open chord, G, E, and Em. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Try slapping a capo on there and refingering the progression. For example, with the capo on the second fret,you would play open G,F(barre,sorry),D,Dm. You could also try it at the seventh fret and play D,C,A,Am. These chords are played as if the capo were the nut. The seventh fret position, if your acoustic has good intonation, will sound really nice and ringy, and should sound pretty cool against the open chords. Check it out.

peace.

I could use the internet and play when I was 1 1/2.
But back in those time the internet was called a horse and it toook three years to get a reply to your e-mail but we called it h-mail cause of hubert h humfree, being kinda horse like........
oh were was I? oh the horses.

Back