Looking For Feedback on Mixes

Flubly

Does anyone know a good place to get feedback on mixes? Need some constructive criticism on my mixing and mastering since I really don't know anyone that does it personally. Thanks!

Yes there is....
Get out of here...Go back to the Forum homepage, scroll down, click Mp3 Clinic and post your thing. Ill see you there

Is the mp3 aspect strictly upheld?

I'd rather people just listen to the .flac files I make. ~20-30 megs usually, but with todays speeds that's usually not a problem.

EDIT: Well, no harm in posting it anyway, I guess. I have to get up to 10 posts before that though.

Last edited:
There's no restriction on file type posted - although some people won't wait for a huge file to download. However, some prefer that to listening to a 128K stream from Soundcloud.

A good compromise might be a high quality (320K) MP3. It can also be worth posting both a Soundcloud link and an MP3 attachment to satisfy all comers.

I never post anything but 320 MP3s - wasting time with lower resolutions, so whatever format you use that's similar quality is good. If it takes too long, people won't listen. Try it out and see how you go is my advice...

I'll post the .flac to soundcloud and see if it's a good representation. No one's posted about the mix yet, so I'm guessing it's taking too long.

Soundcloud will transcode to 128K. However, you can set it to be downloadable at the original quality (although I'm not sure if they accept flacs).

Use Dropbox or similar where they just host the file, whatever file you put there... Soundcloud (and I have one) is for fans, sharing etc. Mix feedback is best gained by using the highest resolution file you can that's a reasonable download.

I will say that there are a lot of newbies in the MP3 forum at the moment. It's not always this way. You have to remember that this is a place where people help each other. I post occasionally and listen occasionally, and mainly to people I know from being around here, or people whose posts seem interesting enough to warrant 4 minutes of my time and some of my broadband allowance...

When I post, people whose opinion I give a rats about will comment and so will a few others, and so the circle expands. And in turn I'll listen to them.

Participate is the best advice. You may not get much action initially, but if you hang around here and get to know some people and are the generally helpful friendly dude I'm sure you really are, then people will take an interest in your tunes... may take a while but worth it - this is the best place of its type bar none.

Use Dropbox or similar where they just host the file, whatever file you put there... Soundcloud (and I have one) is for fans, sharing etc. Mix feedback is best gained by using the highest resolution file you can that's a reasonable download.

I will say that there are a lot of newbies in the MP3 forum at the moment. It's not always this way. You have to remember that this is a place where people help each other. I post occasionally and listen occasionally, and mainly to people I know from being around here, or people whose posts seem interesting enough to warrant 4 minutes of my time and some of my broadband allowance...

When I post, people whose opinion I give a rats about will comment and so will a few others, and so the circle expands. And in turn I'll listen to them.

Participate is the best advice. You may not get much action initially, but if you hang around here and get to know some people and are the generally helpful friendly dude I'm sure you really are, then people will take an interest in your tunes... may take a while but worth it - this is the best place of its type bar none.

+1 to this - you have to speculate to accumulate.

Back