Looking For A MIDI A/B Footswitch Box

Bryan R. Tyler

Elrickophile
MIDI Solutions used to sell them, but they've upgraded the box with other features I don't need as well as raising the price by $50 (now it's $150 total), so I was wondering if anyone's seen another footswitchable MIDI A/B box out there.

Midi helper doo-dads have become increasingly hard to find. Miidi Solutions seem to be the only ones makiing them anymore so they can ask whatever they think a desperate midi enthusiast will pay.

The only way that I've found is to get lucky on eBay or Craig's List, and the trick is not to just search 'midi A/B box' and give up because what you're looking for could be listed a hundred different ways.

Also, you don't say what you want to do with it, but I bet with the flexibility of midi there's some kind of workaround that would put you in business right away.

I'm running a rackmount looper and a multieffects/preamp, and basically I step enough times and use enough patches to where it's not convenient at all to share buttons or assign separate banks of patches, and I don't have any song parts so set in stone that I'd want to send out multiple messages per step. I may have a solution at this point though- the maker of the looper (it's a Looperlative LP-1) is going to implement a function for me that would be a MIDI bypass switch. It wouldn't be foot controllable though, but it'll be a good resolution for now. I may just end up getting a second pedal if I find the need to- it'll cost less than the A/B box plus a footswitch.

Back