Looking for a mic for radio program

Isn't the RE20 considered a kind of standard workhorse radio mic? EV I think. Should be right in that range too.

Yup,
I just got one used for $365 (which is more than most used, but in great shape).
Guitar Satan sells them for about $450.
Unfortunately, they are very difficult to find used, but I think that says a lot about them.

[This message has been edited by saxman72 (edited 07-31-2000).]

Yeah, we use the RE20 at work. Good mic, when your coworkers aren't putting condoms on it for pop filters!

aaaaugh.

Every "radio station" based set on commercials or television sports the RE20. I dunno--haven't been in other radio studios.

so what do they do with them after that? :>

You know, I think the "mounting" system of that mic contributes the phallic look. If it used a clip that held in in the center, it probably wouldn't be mistaken for a pleasure toy!

Speaking of the anti-shock mounting, ours broke the other day. Still works great (had to turn it inside-out, which is too complicated to type right now), but it begs a redesign.

Anything made of rubber will disintegrate. I'm thinkin' 20' bungee cords in an airport hangar.

It would do a better job of fitting some of our DJ's egos!

BTW, I have no idea what happens after the condom is "unleashed". I pray it's for prank alone! (can only imagine the number of germs on windscreen!)

Back