Looking for a good Pre- amp for the Delta 1010

PG13

Whats a Good Flexible Pre-Amp that'll match my Delta 1010 I don't care if its a diff Brand name just as long as its GREAT Quality

Get a neve or a focusrite or a avalon (maybe aVT-737 SP). They'll cost $5000-$10000 or more. Oh hang on, you haven't mentioned your price range! That makes it very hard to help you.

More Pre's?

Greetings,

I took a look at that JoeMeek thingy because i always wondered what pre's people used when they have 8 inputs and no preamps. Isn't that just one channel? What do you do if you want to record live drums and want to make full use of your kickass card and do 4 drum mics and 2 overheads? How do you get 6 pres at the same time?

SirRiff

You could buy 8 Meeks...but that's going to set you back some bucks! There are units out there with multiple pres...how good they are, I don't know, but if that's what you need, you consider a board...Mackie, Behringer, whatever.

Pg, ill wait for a $$$ budget before i recommend....

sir riff, thats where a mixer usually comes in....many pres on one board.....yet even those with mixers use outboard pres a good bit for critical tracks like vocals......

Well I have a Behringer Mixer this one right here

http://www.8thstreet.com/Product.asp?ProductCode=7840&Category=Mixers

the Pre-amp is actually pretty

but I want some with better Quality to go with my Delta 1010

I'm willing to spend $400.00 maybe $500.00

well actually im run some test with the Behringer Pre once my Unit comes but i wanna know just incase I need a better Pre

I just wanna be able to Professionally record my Music at home and Send directly to a mastering house or to my Producers Studio to master. My Producer was suggesting Prosounus & JOEMEEK

If you are looking to record "professionally," then I'm afraid you might have to shell out a little extra cash.

I would be looking at nothing less than a Soundcraft (M-series - not the spirit) mixing board to record multimple tracks at once. Maybe a newer Mackie, but even that's kinda' iffy. As far as a gold channel preamp, I can't imagine starting out at anything less than the $600 range with something like a Grace Design 101, or maybe a Joemeek VC1Q.

If tracked properly, that combo might approach a professional level. Anything less might be a little too "pro-sumer" for sending to a producer for mixing and/or mastering.

Just my spin on it, though I could be wrong. I'm sure professional-quality recordings have been tracked with less, but you'd really have to know what you were doing in order to get the most out of it. But then that holds true with anyting.

Ahhh

Greetings,

Ok I see...so get one good one for vocals and really pristine tracks, and the mixer to take care of all the other stuff. Makes sense. But it would be cool to have 8 high quality pres....for ballands and stuff when the drums are really crisp and make up alot of the song...you could even track them live...with vocals and stuff....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SirRiff

Re: Ahhh

SirRiff said:
Greetings,

Ok I see...so get one good one for vocals and really pristine tracks, and the mixer to take care of all the other stuff. Makes sense. But it would be cool to have 8 high quality pres....

SirRiff

-----------------

I'm not totally qualified to say this for sure, but I have heard from some that the Soundcraft pres might actually qualify as "high-quality pres," or at least pretty damn close.

The M-8, I believe, supposedly uses pres that are very similar (if not the same) as their acclaimed "Ghost" board. I would think that this paired with something like a Grace for vocals and other important tracks would make for a very formidable, low-cost option.

Back