Looking for a digital recorder

srjr

Hi,

I had a used 2488, but it was junk & I returned it to the store.

I am in the market for a digital recorder now. Not sure what to buy..I have read all the reviews & seen many models. All stores seem to push different products.

There are some good deals on Ebay, but do I trust buying a used product again, or did I just get a bad one before.

Is the Yamaha awg16 used a good unit. One I have not worked with. I heard it has a steep learning curve. Does it have effects send?

Stores have been pushing Korg...I see some great deals on Ebay for those.

What about the dp series from Tascam. I jeard the fx model is not that great, the effects are horrible.
The fx/cd has no Mastering tolls, so that would be out.

Would my best bet be the dp-01 at $289.

I do all the recording myself, I do not need multiple inputs.
I have a rack of ecternal effects.

I do not want to spend a lot here, as this is only a hobby. But I have wriiten some good tunes, that people are interetsed in. I would like something that produces a good CD for duplication.

I would like to stick to $500 or so...is that possible?

Any opinions appreciated.
TIA,
Sonny

I guess people push what they have and give you the heads up on equiptment they own. One suggestion I would make before you buy anything, is to check out in advance any online forums that are dedicated to a particular brand or recorder. They are a heck of a lot more informative than the user manual...

J.P.

Sonny, you've asked a vague question that's been addressed numerous times in the past year. Suggestion: use the search function above to find a lot of related discussion. Once you narrow your search to a specific choice or two, try again here if you still need help.

Best,
J.

I've been using a Fostex VF-08 (predessecor to the VF-80) for 3 years & am happy with it. It would be better if it had more than 8 tracks - like the VF-160. A couple units for you to check out.

There are other brands I've seen in catalogs that might be worth checking out. Swing by musiciansfriend.com to see what else is out there in your price range.

Sweetpee was right, though...people will endorse what they use...but if more people use one unit than others, it kinda tells you something.

Good Luck!

JR

digial recorder,

I an very new in recording. the first recorder i got was a Zoom 8track with burner. Instruction book a little hard but not bad. I paid about 600.00. But only two inputs . I moved to a 16 track with 8 inputs. I have this equipment for sale (very resonable) . I'm in NC if interested.

Back