Looking for a cheap first keyboard

Fade

Okay, so like the title says, I'm looking for a descent, but cheap first keyboard. The problem is that I'm a guitar player and don't know the first thing about keyboards. I really don't want to spend any more than $200. It has to be self amplified too. Any suggestions?

Fade said:
Okay, so like the title says, I'm looking for a descent, but cheap first keyboard. The problem is that I'm a guitar player and don't know the first thing about keyboards. I really don't want to spend any more than $200. It has to be self amplified too. Any suggestions?

have you checked your local department stores? good luck. :D

I'm a guitarist, too, and that Yamaha or a $200 Casio would probably suit you well for now. In fact, with some careful EQ and DSP, these cheapie boards are capable of some very useable backing sounds. Just don't expect the acoustic sounds, like a piano, to be anything convincing. I made the mistake last year of using my Casio's piano sound for a key part in a recording I did--now every time someone hears that song, I'm tired of hearing that I should find a real piano. Now, I just use the Casio for symphonic strings, synth, and such. Very acceptable for a cheap fix although I'm eyeing something better, especially with stronger piano sounds, within the next year or two.

Best,
J.

If you are serious about your music, I would suggest waiting or saving til you have enough for something a little more high end. If you absolutely can't......CASIO or Yamaha can you get you something around that price.

Back